Monday, April 27, 2009

A trip to the circus.

On Saturday we went to the circus. Tyler has never been to the circus, but when I asked him if he wanted to go he started jumping up and down chanting yeah, yeah yeah! Then he suddenly stopped and said, "What is the circus mommy?" I wasn't exactly sure what he would see at the circus, and not wanting to make promises I couldn't keep, I told him there would be clowns and an elephant for sure and that we'd have to go to find out what else was there. When the show started Tyler was so excited, but his interest faded with each act that came out. By intermission he had lost all interest in the show and was playing with Riley. Since we had gotten our tickets for free, and both the boys were getting tired anyway, we decided not to stay for the second half. All in all it was a fun time though, and Tyler enjoyed his first trip to the circus!


Tyler hiding from the clown!

In the past Tyler has refused to feed large animals (elephants and giraffes at the zoo) so I was surprised when he actually fed the camel.

They had me hold the carrot with my teeth in order to get a 'kiss' from the camel. FYI, camels have very scratchy wiskers!

So excited for the show to start!



Tuckered out from all the fun!


2 comments:

Vanessa said...

So what are the chances that Riley will grow to be like 6'2 or Stephanie to stop growing around 5'5 ? That way I can claime my future son in law... HE IS SO STINKING CUTE.

Teresa said...

Glad to see Tyler has the appropriate reaction to clowns!! ;)