Tyler could spend all day on the swings!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Sunday, February 15, 2009
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Riley had his 6 month check up on Friday and it wasn't as routine as I had expected. It turns out my chuncky monkey isn't quite as chunky as I thought. In 2 months he only gained 2 ounces and grew less than 3/4 of an inch. The good news is his head growth is normal and developmentally he's right on track. The pediatrician said everything looked fine when he examined Riley, so he ordered some blood work and requested a urine sample to try and figure out why he's not growing. He wants me to start pumping so I can keep track of how much Riley is eating each feeding. Riley had to get 3 shots to finish up his visit and he was one brave boy! He whimpered a little after the second shot, but he never cried. He was even braver getting his blood drawn. I thought they would prick his heal like they did when he was a newborn, but no, they got it from his arm just like they do with adults. Riley was a champ and laid still the whole time just staring at the nurses. He didn’t cry at all! He even got his arm wrapped afterwards.
His little arm wrap.
My brave boy all bandaged up!
How do you get a urine sample from a 6 month old? This fun little contraption! It's officially called a pediatric urine collector, but really it's just a plastic bag with a hole in it that I had to stick on Riley until he peed. Then I got to pour the pee into the cup the nurse gave me. Fun for mommy!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
1. I love sleeping under covers. It only gets cold enough around here to need covers for a few months each year, but my hubby likes to sleep with the fan on high which allows me to sleep covered up just about all year!
2. I’m currently obsessed with this book about nutrition called Super Foods Rx. It talks about why we need nutrients from whole foods as opposed to getting them from supplements. If you’d like to know more just ask, I’d love to share!
3. I always have a pen and paper with me to jot down random thoughts. Sometimes the thoughts are things to put in my journal (because if I wait until the end of the day I forget what I wanted to write down!), things I need to do, or ideas for a book I’m working on and hope to publish some day.
4. Since getting married I have discovered I love to cook, and I’m pretty good at it too!
5. I got to see President Hinckley twice while I was in college. He came to Ricks my freshman year to dedicate the Taylor building and spoke at an afternoon devotional. When I graduated from BYU-Hawaii he and Elder L. Tom Perry spoke at the commencement.
6. I’m a pro at Wii bowling, and I’m a pretty good boxer too!
7. I’m a sugar Nazi and don’t give my kids sugar until after they are 2, with the exception of letting them dig into their 1st birthday cake.
8. I think you can never have too many pictures and wish I had a professional photographer following me around at all times!
9. I’m a total book worm, although I haven’t read an adult book (with the exception of #2) in quite a while!
10. I’m a chocoholic!
11. I love my life, but when I talk to my sister-in-laws and they ask me what’s new or what I’ve been up to and all I have to talk about are the boys, I feel like I come across as pretty boring!
12. I’m a list person. I make lists for everything!
13. I had early morning seminary in high school and even though I am not a morning person, I had perfect attendance all 4 years. (Thanks to my parents for waking me up every morning!)
14. I have lived in 7 states (West Virginia (twice), Connecticut, Texas (twice), Idaho, Hawaii, Arizona and Florida) and 1 foreign country (Russia).
15. I love to travel! My favorite TV show is the Amazing Race. I would love to be on that show!
16. I love surprises! Since I can’t surprise myself, I like surprising other people.
17. I know a lot about baby showers! I’ve had 2, been to 14, and invited to another 3 that I wasn’t able to make! No wonder there are always kids running around when we have get togethers!
18. I’m a bit of a perfectionist, which is why I don’t enjoy arts and crafts. I picture what I want the final product to look like in my head and get frustrated when it doesn’t turn out that way.
19. I have a Bachelors Degree in Psychology and I used it to get a job as a marine mammal trainer. They may not seem to be related, but trust me they are. And no, there is no such thing as animal psychology. I can’t tell you how many times I was seriously asked if I had specialized in animal psychology!
20. When I was 21 I seriously considered going on a mission. After praying about it my answer was to wait. So instead I finished college, landed my dream job and got married. Someday I’ll serve a mission with Matt!
21. Sometimes I’m a home body and other times I’m a social butterfly, it just depends on my mood.
22. Nothing bothers me more than plaque on my teeth. I can’t stand it when they feel fuzzy! As much as I like my teeth to be clean, it completely grosses me out to hear or see other people clean theirs.
23. I’m half Scottish. I’ve told people my mom’s from Scotland before and when they meet her they’re surprised she has an accent. What did they think I meant?
24. I wish I was more like my mom. She is the most selfless, hardest working person I know.
25. I love sports, both watching and playing. I’ve always been a bit of a tomboy.