Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Friday, January 23, 2009
Tyler: I have a penny in my mouth.
Matt: Don’t put money in your mouth. Take it out and give it to me.
Tyler: I can’t it’s far away. (As he’s pointing to his tummy.)
Matt: Did you swallow it?
Tyler: I eat it!
One morning I was nursing Riley in my bed when Tyler came in to find out if it was 'morning time' yet (if he wakes up before Matt leaves for work at 6:30, Matt tells him he has to go back to bed because it's not morning yet). Riley stopped nursing as soon as he heard Tyler and rolled over to look at him. After saying hi to Riley, Tyler looked at me and said, "He's done mommy, put it away."
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Now that Riley is 5 ½ months old he does a lot more than just eat, sleep and poop. Here are some fun facts about Riley:
- He likes to sleep on his side. I always lay him down on his back and he immediately rolls onto his side, even when he’s fast asleep!
- About a month ago he found his feet and he can’t get enough of them! He loves to suck on his toes and show off how flexible he is.
- He is a rolling machine! Although if you want him to stay in one place just pull out the camera and try to video tape him rolling!
- He likes to hear himself make noise and will ‘talk’ your ear off already!
- I haven’t figured out if he’s going to be a thumb sucker or a pacifier kid, he doesn’t have a strong preference yet.
- He was a kicker in the womb and he is still kicking! All you have to do is put your hand against his feet to get him to start kicking.
- He likes to make diaper changes interesting and must think mommy enjoys a challenge! As soon as I get his diaper off he will do one of three things: grab both of his feet, try to roll over, or reach his hand down to grab his pee-pee! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to wipe cream off his fingers!
- He tries to grab everything he sees.
- Yesterday he sat up all by himself for the first time! He sits really well, but falls over when he reaches for a toy.
- He thinks Tyler is the most fascinating thing in the world!
- He has the biggest smile and flashes it regularly. He’s going to break some hearts with that smile some day!
- He’s ticklish and has the cutest laugh!
- He loves to play peak-a-boo! He likes to sit on our laps, facing us, then he’ll fold himself in half and wait for us to say, “Where’s Riley?”. Once we do he sits up and gives us a big smile! I tried video taping him and Matt playing, and of course he stopped as soon as the camera came on!
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Tyler likes to sit on the counter while I'm adding the ingredients. He'll ask me what each one is and then say each ingredient is his favorite. An example, "Yeast is my favorite!"
Checking on the bread.
Saturday, January 10, 2009
The Gators tiniest cheerleader!
Riley checking out Shilo!
I may not be a Gator fan, but I still think Tyler is super cute doing the Gator cheer. Matt taught him this just so he could do it at the party!
Monday, January 5, 2009
Thursday, January 1, 2009
Happy New Year! I can’t believe it’s 2009! Where did 2008 go? We spent the end of 2008 at the Gaertner's home. They threw a great party! We hung out and talked and ate until it was time to count down the end of the year. I almost missed the count down because the clock in the room I was in was slow and it showed 11:55, so I went to the bathroom. When I got to the living room the count down had just started! After midnight we all went outside and lit sparklers and watched fireworks. Tyler loved the fireworks! Once the fireworks were over it was back inside for karaoke, a must at any Gaertner party! By 1:15 you would think Tyler would have been passed out, or at least wearing out, but no he was still going strong jumping on the trampoline! My little party animal! It was a great way to celebrate the start of a new year!
Shilo, me, Lindsey and Vanessa.