Sunday, January 11, 2009

The gift that keeps on giving!

If you follow my blog you already know I got a bread maker for Christmas from my wonderful husband! I LOVE it!!! It’s amazing, all I have to do to get home made bread is put the ingredients into the machine, push a couple of buttons, then I’m free to do whatever I want for about 3 hours until the machine beeps and I take my fresh, warm loaf out and enjoy! It’s so easy that I make a loaf almost every day! We’ve enjoyed pumpkin bread, maple bread (3 times, it’s one of my favorites so far), corn bread (twice, easily my second favorite) French bread, zucchini bread, peach bread, and honey-banana wheat bread. And we’ve barely scratched the surface of the recipe book that came with the machine! I also have a crock pot which I’ve been enjoying since Matt and I got married. Who knew that the best companion for a crock pot is a bread maker? Chili and soups are always better with home made bread! I love nights when dinner is taken care of by both machines! I either get to sit and relax while dinner is being made, or I’ll go for a walk. So far the only down side to my new toy is it’s making the last ten pounds of baby weight harder to loose! Oh well, it’s a small price to pay! I keep meaning to take a picture of one of the loaves, but warm bread is the best and by the time I remember to grab my camera half the loaf is gone!


Tyler likes to sit on the counter while I'm adding the ingredients. He'll ask me what each one is and then say each ingredient is his favorite. An example, "Yeast is my favorite!"


Checking on the bread.

1 comment:

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Your bread machine looks really nice!! I'll have to get some recipes from you. I am such a pathetic bread maker that I can't even make it with a machine. Every time I've tried it never comes out right. so my poor bread machine is laying on it's side, shoved in the back of some cabinet. I need some pointers from you!!