Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Look who's a student now!

Yesterday Tyler had a 30 minute meet and greet with his new preschool teacher, Ms. Allison. That morning at breakfast I told him he needed to hurry and eat because we were going to his school to meet his teacher. He asked if I would be at school with him, and when I said no he got really sad. He kept telling me how much he was going to miss me and wanted to hug every 5 seconds. I told him school was going to be just like Primary, we drop him off and then pick him up when it's over. I hoped that reminding him how much he liked primary would cheer him up. His response was, "I only like Primary because you're still at church." I dropped him off at his classroom and spent the 30 minutes outside filling out the remainder of the paper work the school needed. The meet and greet with Ms. Allison made Tyler forget all about missing mommy while he was in school. When I went back to get him he didn't want to leave. Ms. Allison told him he could stay longer the next day and he was so excited! He couldn't wait to go to school the next morning. I dropped him off without a problem, and when I picked him up he asked why I was back so soon. He said he really liked his first day. Our conversation in the car went like this:
Me: What did you do in school?
Tyler: We did lots of stuff!
Me: Oh yeah, like what?
Tyler: I can't remember.
Me: You can't think of one thing you did?
Tyler: We did so much stuff I can't even remember one thing.
Eventually he told me they listened to music and danced. I'm sure they did more than that! The most important thing is he loves going to school!






2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Love all the posts... The kids are getting so big. Can't wait to meet little Miss Boyce.

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

I love how they can be somewhere for hours and then when you ask what they did they're like "I don't know..." or "I don't remember..." That's great he loves school though!! I'll bet you're loving it too! ;)