Sunday, May 10, 2009

My mom.



Dear Mom,

There are so many things I want to thank you for! Throughout my life you have always been there for me. You have been my biggest cheerleader and have always believed that I could do anything. You have helped me make good decisions in life. I never wanted to go to Ricks my freshman year of college, but you insisted I attend a church school and thought I would really like it there. And you were right, I loved the two years I spent at Ricks, and I made some life long friends there! After I graduated from Ricks and I was looking into schools to attend to finish my bachelors I wasn’t going to apply to BYU Hawaii because I didn’t think I would get in. You knew I’d always wanted to go there so you gently pushed me to apply. I will always treasure the time I spent in Hawaii! Every time I’ve moved to a new place you’ve been there to help me pack and made sure I had everything I needed. You made the 16 hour drive to Miami with me for the biggest job interview of my life! Then you helped me move down to Miami when I got the job! You trusted my judgment when I told you I wanted to marry a guy after only dating him for 4 months. You were there when I went through the temple for the first time, and you were with me in the bride’s room on one of the biggest days of my life. Then a little less than a year later you were with me when I became a mother. I was so nervous to be on my own with Tyler after you left, but I knew you were only a phone call away. Everything I know about being a mother I learned from you. As grateful as I am to have you as my mother, I am even more grateful that you are my children’s granny. Tyler loves his granny more than words can describe! I know that Riley will be the same as he gets older. Thank you for always being there for me and for loving me so much! I hope I can be as good a mother to my kids as you are to me. I love you! Happy Mother’s Day!







No comments: