Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A visit to West Virginia.

The day after I posted the flood pictures the boys and I left for West Virginia. (Quick update on the flood situation - it continued to rain the rest of that week, however instead of the constant 24/7 rain like it had been it would rain a little and then stop for a couple of hours. These breaks in the rain prevented the water from getting much higher than it was in the pictures.) We were gone for 10 days and the only thing we had planned was my friend Justin's wedding. Other than that we just spent lots of quality time with my family. Daniel even flew in from Alaska the last 2 days we were there. It was a great trip! Here are the pictures...


Riley couldn't figure out if he liked the grass or not.

Tyler helped Uncle Clif wash his truck.

Riley loved DD!

The wedding was in Vienna, WV which is where we once lived so we payed a visit to our old house. We moved out of this house when I was 8 and this is the first time I've been back!


A quick picture with 'Uncle' Spratt before the wedding.
Tyler and I at the reception.

We've been friends for over 10 years!
They had disposable cameras on each table and Tyler took pictures of everyone and everything! Hopefully some of the pictures turn out!



Granny and Tyler tearing up the dance floor!

Tyler caught the garter, or rather it landed on the floor and all the other single guys urged him to get it! Either way, he was quite pleased with himself!

Tyler helped grandpa cut the grass.


While they were working on this puzzle Clif jokingly told Tyler he wasn't very good at puzzles. In his most encouraging voice Tyler informed him, "You are Uncle Clif! I know you are!" With extra emphasis on the word know!

Riley met a new friend! This cutie is Julia, my friend Amanda's daughter.
Tyler took this picture!

Julia had to have open heart surgery when she was 2 months old, but now she's a healthy, normal 6 month old.


Amanda and I with our little ones.





Riley fell asleep after church and slept until we left for the airport, therefore missing family pictures!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

So fun! I LOVE that Tyler got the garder! ;) I am glad you guys had a safe, fun trip! PS, I really like your hair!

The Schmitt Family said...

I love the picture of your dad and Tyler on the mower, when he's letting him "drive" I love to see my kids doing that with Tony.