Sunday, March 29, 2009

Tyler's Birthday Weekend

I can’t believe it, but we just celebrated Tyler’s 3rd birthday! We headed down to Ft. Lauderdale on Friday to spend the weekend with my sister-in-laws. Melissa lives in Ft. Lauderdale and Marci flew in from New York. It was so fun to see them again! Tyler’s birthday was on Saturday and after breakfast, and haircuts for Matt and I (compliments of Marci), the celebrations began when Tyler got his presents. He got a kite from Mel and a remote controlled boat from Granny Deb and Marci. We headed to the park so he could try out his new toys, and to take some family pictures. It was a great day for the park! The wind was perfect for kite flying, but a little annoying while we were trying to take pictures! After a couple of hours at the park it was time for naps. While the boys were sleeping Marci, Mel and I had a girls afternoon and got pedicures. It was so relaxing! Thanks again ladies! We finished up the day with dinner and an ice cream cake from Cold Stone. I think it’s safe to say Tyler had a great birthday! Here is our trip in pictures (and just to warn you there are a lot of them!)...

Tyler chillin on the way down!

Riley saying hi when I turned around to take Tyler's picture.

Haning out with Auntie Mel.

'Reading' his card from Granny.

The reason his boat looks like a plane is because it submerges and can be driven like a submarine. It's pretty cool to play with!

My new haircut, part 1.

Getting ready to test out his boat. I'm not sure who was more excited, Tyler or Matt!

Daddy let Tyler drive first so he wouldn't feel guilty when he took over!


Tyler and Mel with his dragon kite.



His kite in action!


Tyler wasn't too excited about taking family pictures! I don't think Riley was either!



Siblings.
Love these girls!
The funny thing about this picture is that right after the above picture was taken I almost fell backwards out of the tree! Luckily Marci is quick and grabbed me! Thanks girl!



Tyler's cake.

He loved it!

My new haircut, part 2. At the park on Saturday Marci decided she wanted to cut my hair a little shorter in the back. I was up for anything so Sunday morning I got another cut!

The back.

I love it! Thanks again Marci!

We visited Mel at work before heading home on Sunday.

Here is a video of Tyler getting his boat.

5 comments:

Hill said...

Diane I love the Hair! It looks great on you. I wish I was brave enough to do my hair like that. Happy Birthday Tyler!

L!ND$EY said...

...funny thing, I was talking to Jared yesterday and mentioned I was going to get my hair cut short for the summer (I know, it sounds odd that the topic would come up in our conversation) and he told me I needed to see your hair before I cut mine. lol, he was right...it looks cute! I hope I can pull off short hair that well.

Vanessa said...

Hey Girl... I LOVE YOUR HAIR. it looks awsome. I wish I could pull that off. It looks easy to keep up with and it looks good. I can't wait for May, I am so ready for warmer weather. AND well after I do some major work out, some beach time. You have a beautiful family. Miss you guys.

manda carol said...

Love the hair cut! I am growing mine out and it's driving me crazy. I can't believe how big the boys are getting! Looks like Tyler had a great 3rd birthday! Yeah!

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

Ha Ha I love how Tyler is so excited about his boat that he can't even stand still!! I LOVE your hair!!!