Thursday, March 5, 2009

Our trip to Tennessee.

The boys and I spent last week in Tennessee visiting the Martos's. I told Tyler Monday night that we were going to Spencer’s house the next day and he was so excited! When Matt woke him up the next morning the fist thing he asked was, “We going to Spencer’s house now?” He even told people on the plane where he was going! Next time we go visit I am going to have my camera ready to film the boys when they first see each other. They ran right up to each other and hugged, it was the cutest thing! We had a great time! The boys fought like brothers, got into lots of trouble, and loved getting to spend a whole week together! Borja even babysat all the kids one night so Vanessa and I could sneak out for a girls night! Here is our trip in pictures...


We took the boys to a discovery center where there were a million things for them to do. They loved it! This room the boys are in was full of water 'experiments' for them to try.


They loved the water guns!




They took turns driving the car.


Face painting.




On the way home from the discovery center.


Spencer practicing for when his little sister gets here!


He was so good with Riley, he's going to be a great big brother!

This is what happens when you go shopping during nap time because you forgot about the hour time change!

This was the luckiest shot ever! I have no idea how I got all 3 of them to look at the same time!


His feet really aren't that big, his socks are just coming off!
Story time before bed.

We woke up to snow Sunday morning! The boys were so excited to build a snowman that they were outside by 6:30!
Vanessa braved the cold to help the boys, I took pictures from inside the house! To see picture of their completed snowman you'll have to check out Vanessa's blog!
Spencer started a snowball fight, but took off when mom retaliated!


I should mention that church was canceled because of the snow!






Hanging out one morning.
After a week of cold weather I remembered why I don't want to live in a cold climate! I'll visit anytime, but I prefer to be warm! When we left Tennesse it was 22 degrees and even though it was only 56 in Florida when we landed, it felt warm to us! Tyler was really excited to see daddy again! Matt was happy to see us too!


I have the best husband! The night we got home he planned and prepared not only dinner, but dessert as well! He made a pork roast with veggies, and this caramel apple upside down cake (from scratch) ! It was delicious!

3 comments:

Hill said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. We missed you guys.

manda carol said...

It looks like a fun trip!

Vanessa said...

I am so glad you guys came up and spent sometime with us... Spencer had so much fun with Tyler. And now he won't stop asking for him... Well the boys will be together again in May... Lets see what trouble they will get into than. Take care.