Tuesday, October 26, 2010

He speaks!


What a difference a couple of months makes! When Riley turned two he literally only said five words. Tyler started school at the end of August and since then Riley's vocabulary has exploded! I started keeping a list of the words he was saying, but after 30 I lost track of which where new! Sometimes his pronunciation isn't perfect and I (or Tyler) have to 'translate' for him, but most of his words come out really clear. There are times when I wish he wasn't so chatty though. It turns out Riley is the worst back seat driver ever! If we are stopped at a red light, or we're waiting to turn all I hear from the back seat is "Go go (short pause) go go! Go go, (even shorter pause and louder this time) go go!" He also likes to tell me to stop whenever he feels like it, especially when it's a completely inappropriate time to stop. His three favorite phrases are: "Oh right" (I love this one! It's his response to being told almost anything.) "Come on" (Said while either pulling your hand, or motioning with his hand.) "All done" (Said when he's eating something and sees something he thinks looks better.) He has the cutest little voice! I need to video tape him talking so I don't forget how he sounds now!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

Yay, go Riley, I am so proud of you.

Blair's said...

I am in the same boat with both of my kids. Trying to get Khy into preschool for her speech and Khorben doesn't even say mama. It really makes me feel like a failure as a mom. Good for Riley for picking it up. Hope my kids can do the same.