Friday, October 23, 2009

My Tyler.

He is certainly not my baby anymore! Tyler will tell you himself that he's a big boy and nothing could be more true. He is growing up fast and becoming more independent each day. I'm constantly entertained by the things that come out of his mouth! Here is a glimpse of Tyler...

* For a month he refused to call Matt and I 'mommy' and 'daddy'. Instead we were Matt and Sweetie (that's what Matt calls me so Tyler thinks it's my name). He's pretty much stopped, but every once and a while he throws in a Matt or Sweetie.

* He has quite a few of his books memorized and he'll read to me when he's in the mood.

* Every morning he comes in my room to find out if it's morning time. As soon as I say yes he says, "Great, let's go get my brother!" He is not a fan of playing by himself and is enjoying his brother more and more.

* We were playing baseball one afternoon and Tyler was batting. In between pitches he was coaching himself saying, "Come on Tyler you can do it." It was so cute! He is a pretty good hitter.

* Lately when I discipline him or tell him no he will immediately respond with, "But I still love you mommy."

* It's been almost 4 months since I last nursed Riley, but the other day Tyler announced, "Mommy no milk is coming out of my beedies (that's what he calls boobs). No milk for Riley like yours."

* One night he told me he wanted to go to the tiger store and get donuts. I have no clue what store he's talking about so I told him I didn't know where the tiger store was. He tells me, "That's easy, it's far away!" Things are so much simpler when your 3!

* Lately he'll randomly tell me he loves me and give me a big hug. I love it! I hope he never out grows this phase!


He dresses himself now without any help. When he first started he thought it was funny to purposely put things on wrong!

I love this picture!

Tyler's new obsession is playing the Curious George games on the computer. He can even tell you that the games are at "p-b-s kids dot org".

He recognizes most of his numbers from playing some of the games!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

I was thinking about this the other day, and cannot believe they will be 4 in just 4 months. It is sooooo sad. I can remember like it was yesterday when were all pregos. we miss you guys.

Rob, Brooke, Caleb, Sophie and Jake said...

I am still laughing about the "beedies" thing!!!