Saturday, August 8, 2009

Our mini vacation.

It's always nice when you can go on vacation and only have to travel an hour from home. My family on the other hand had to travel a lot further! My mom and sister flew in from WV and my Aunt Rosemary, Uncle Michael and second cousins Alex and Joe flew in from England. We spent four days in Orlando visiting with everyone. The last time I saw my aunt and uncle I was 14, so it was really nice to spend time with them and introduce them to all three of my boys! We spent a day at Disney, and despite the heat we still had a great time! (FYI to all future visitors - the best time to visit any non water themed park in Orlando is in October! Even 'the happiest place on earth' looses a bit of it's happiness when it's a thousand degrees outside!) All Terri talked about was meeting the princesses and all Tyler talked about was meeting Mickey Mouse and seeing his house, so that was our first stop. Luckily they are all in the same area of the park AND they are indoors, which meant the time we spent in line to see them was air conditioned!!! Terri was the happiest person in the world when she met Cinderella, Belle and Sleeping Beauty. Tyler refused to have anything to do with the princesses and kept telling us, "Only Terri want's to see the princesses. I want to see Mickey Mouse." I didn't know how Tyler would actually react once he saw Mickey, I was afraid he would act shy. Boy was I wrong! When I told him it was his turn to meet Mickey he ran right up and gave him a hug. Unfortunetly the hug wasn't long enough to get a picture. He was so cute holding Mickey's hand and talking to him. You really appreciate the magic of Disney when you see how excited and happy it makes your kids! Tyler was also very excited to meet Tigger and Pooh. We could see them while we were waiting in line (outside that time) and Tyler climbed on the little fence and was yelling, "Tigger! Hey Tigger! Over here!" Then he would wave like crazy. Luckily at one point Tigger waved bye to whoever had just gotten their picture taken, and Tyler thought he was waving to him. He turns to me and yells, "Did you see mommy, he heard me!" Riley was not the least bit excited about meeting Tigger. He was fascinated just watching him, but as soon as Tigger tried to touch him he started crying (which is why Tigger had to keep his distance in the picture). Besides Disney we also went to Wet and Wild and spent a lot of time at the resort's pool. Here are the pictures...

First picture of the day at Disney.


Terri and Belle.

Tyler was way more excited than he looks in this picture!



Giving Pooh a hug...

...and Tigger too!

We spent a LOT of time waiting in line.

Getting ready to ride Dumbo.

The last picture taken at Disney!



We went bowling one night. My uncle, aunt and second cousins Joe and Alex.

Strike!

Sisters.

Tyler loved bowling until he dropped a ball on one of his fingers. Terri bowled the rest of his game and got a 132!

Tyler didn't want to take a nap one day and ended up passing out on the floor at 7:00.

Vacations are tiring!

The resort we stayed at had a huge pool with five water slides. Tyler could have spent every day there and been happy!


Riley liked the baby pool.


2 comments:

Teresa said...

So fun!

Vanessa said...

Oh my goodness it seamed like you guys had fun... I LOVE Tylers hair. It looks so cute long with bangs, LOVE LOVE LOVE it. I tried doing that with spencer but his hair is to curly for it. Anyways can't wait to see everyone, a few more days.