Thursday, July 2, 2009

I'm WAY behind!

I know Father's Day was a couple of weeks ago, but I've been busy so I'm just now posting pictures from it! We had a nice relaxing day. I was planning on making Matt a red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting (his favorite) but Tyler wanted to make cupcakes instead. This is the first time I've made cupcakes with Tyler, we usually make blueberry muffins, so he kept telling Matt we were making muffin cakes!
I have been blessed with three fathers in my life. First, I have a Father in Heaven who I know loves me. He hears and answers my prayers and I see His blessings in my life everyday. Second, I was raised by a very loving, patient and hard working father. My dad has always supported me in everything I've ever done. He took me on my first white water rafting trip. When I needed SCUBA certification for my future dream job, he got certified with me and then took us to the Keys for our first diving trip. He took me out to Idaho and got me all set up in my first dorm room at Ricks College. He didn't hesitate to say yes when I asked if I could spend a semester in Russia. He arranged all my flights to and from school for the four years I was in college. He helped me move down to Miami and get settled in. He gave Matt his blessing when he asked for permission to marry me. He gave me the wedding of my dreams, but more important, he was there to see me get married and danced with me at the reception. He gave Tyler his name and blessing, and was in the circle for Riley. He is a wonderful grandpa! I love you dad! Third, I have a husband who is an amazing father! Since I've started working recently Matt has gotten a lot more one-on-one time with the boys. It's been an easy adjustment for the boys because Matt has always been a very hands on dad. If I don't get all my errands run before I have to go to work Matt will load the boys in the car and go to the store for me. He also takes them swimming, cooks dinner and bathes and puts them to bed. Tyler is always excited when Matt gets home from work, and Riley's face lites up when he sees daddy! Thank you for everything you do honey, I love you!
Tyler mixed up the batter. He was a little perplexed when it turned red!

He insisted on doing it all by himself!

Showing off the results of his hard work!


This is why I either buy my kids birthday cakes or have someone else make them. Clearly I'm no Lindsey!


My boys!

Tyler discovered he loves red velvet cake as well!

Sharing with daddy, since it was Father's day!







I tried to sneak a picture of Riley laying on Matt's chest, and as you can see it didn't work!

No comments: